What are Monks and Friars?

They are terms used by printers:

Monks are sheets where the letters are blotted, or printed too black.

Friars, those letters where the ink has failed touching the type, which are therefore white or faint.

One Comments

  1. [...] This post was mentioned on Twitter by Bruce Jacobs, Kathy Jacobs. Kathy Jacobs said: Thief week is done… Wonder if this has to do with religion? @mindlessfluff shares: What are Monks and Friars? http://bit.ly/amRVM4 [...]

Leave a Reply